Terms & Conditions
Our Company: Harveys Bus Limited
- Unless the hirer informs us otherwise in writing you are deemed as having accepted all the following terms & conditions of hire in full, it is the responsibility of the hirer to make their group aware of these terms & conditions
- The hirer acts on behalf of all the passengers travelling on the vehicles. The hirer is responsible for the actions & decisions off all the passengers on board including any additional costs incurred in performing the contract.
- Payment in full must be made before the start or the hire unless otherwise agreed by our company
- Our company requires a £50.00 deposit before accepting or confirming any booking
- Payment can be made by BACS and we will e-mail you the details
- Our company reserves the right to add an administrative charge of £35.00 for late payment
- Our company reserves the right to seek payment via the court system, and all legal costs will be added to the invoice
- Our company gives its advise on journey times in good faith, however, as a result of traffic congestion or roadworks or breakdown, or any other events beyond the reasonable control of the company, journeys can take longer than predicted and in those circumstances the company will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered by the hirer as a result
- No alcohol is to be carried or consumed on the vehicle at any time to a designated sporting event
- Alcohol can only be consumed on a vehicle by prior agreement with the company, in small amounts, and only in safe conditions ie. No glass involved, and all empties removed by the hirer
- It is the responsibility of the hirer that all vehicles are left in the same condition as at the start of the hire
- Payment for any damages will be paid by the hirer in full within 7 days of invoice. (in the case of vomiting or any spillage on the vehicle there is a £75.00 cleaning charge)
- The hirer cannot assume the use of the vehicle between outward and inward journeys, nor that the vehicle remains at the destination for the hirer’s use unless this has been agreed in advance
- Return journey times are not negotiable on the day of travel, any failure to leave the final destination on time may result in additional charges
- Additional drops on return journeys are not permitted unless they have been pre-arranged in advance with the company
- The hours of operation for the driver are regulated by law. The hirer accepts responsibility of ensuring the hire keeps to the hours & times agreed by the company. The hirer or any passengers shall not delay or otherwise interrupt the journey in such a way that the driver is at risk of breaching regulations relating to driving hours and times.
- All laws regarding DVSA drivers hours, the Highway code and any other regulations at the time will always be adhered to by the hirer and Harveys Bus Ltd.
- Information regarding driver’s hours are available from our office
- The hirer is responsible for all parking charges whilst the vehicle is in their use. The company is able to pay parking charges following the request of the hirer but they will be added to the invoice
- Lost property will be stored for a period of two months, after which it will be destroyed. We will always endeavour to look after property in our care and assist with its return if we can
- Lost property can be collected from our office during normal working hours, Monday to Friday by prior arrangement.
- Our company cannot take responsibility for any property left on or carried on our vehicles
- If the hirer wishes to cancel any agreement, the following scale of charges will apply in relation to the total hire charge:
10 days’ notice or more, no charge
6 – 9 days’ notice 10% of hire
3 – 5 days’ notice 25% of hire
1 – 2 days’ notice 50% of hire
Notice on the day of hire, or upon arrival of our vehicle 100% of hire
- The cost of accommodation, meals and any tickets which have already been purchased by the company at the request of the hirer, will be charged to the hirer including any admin charges incurred.
- Any cancellation due to inclement weather conditions will be charged as above
- There will be no cancellation charges due to Covid-19 if the cancellation is by Harveys Bus Ltd or by the hirer